Asset Tracking Help File
Asset Tracking is software which allows you to keep track of all of your assets in your business.
(If something gets damaged, stolen or sent out and must be returned eventually etc.)
If your business uses Asset Tracking, there would be a QR code on every Location, Space, and Asset in the building.
The Location refers to the building -
The Space refers to every room inside of the building. Every hotel room, bathroom, kitchen, conference room, etc. would also have a code for you to scan (which contains the Space name) before you start scanning the assets inside of every space.
Before scanning your Assets a cheat sheet would be created so you would be able to see what Item Type each code symbolises; this cheat sheet would contain all of your Item Types for example Chair, Table, Couch, Bed, etc.
The Assets are any movable objects in each room that are of value to your business (lamps, chairs, beds, tables, computers etc.) all of your Assets will have a QR code which contains a number. After scanning the Location, the Space, then the Item Type, you would start scanning every Asset (which is numbered) in that room and then move on to the next space.
1) Go to : http://cloudworks.co.za/DBAtrack ;
2) Click on "Create New Account" , enter your details then click on Request Account;
3) Login with your new Username and Password and press Start;
Asset Take On Process
The Asset Take On process is where you scan all of your assets (e.g. Chairs, Computers, and Desks etc.) into the system in order for you to start keeping track of them.
Remember: when doing the Asset Take On, any duplicate asset tags will be ignored, always make sure that every asset tag in the Location has a unique number.
When doing your ‘Asset Take On’ you:
1) Start outside by scanning the Location code;
2) Proceed into the Location and scan your first Space code;
3) Scan your Item Type (see cheat sheet) then scan all of your Asset codes in the room relating to that Item Type (click on the check mark on the right of your asset tag space to take on each new asset). 4) Repeat step 3 for each new Item Type;
5) Make sure you scan your next Space code before entering the new space.
Asset Tracking Process
Once all your assets are taken on, you can track them at any given time by scanning only the "Location", "Space" and "Asset" codes. This is the physical "Asset Tracking" process.
When doing your "Asset Tracking" you:
1) Start by scanning your "Location" and then the "Space" (this time you don’t have to scan your Item Type since it was already scanned in your Asset Take On);
2) Choose the "Event" -
3) Determine what your "Item Status" is -
4) Scan the "Asset" which you are referring to (remember to scan all the assets in each Space and also click on the check mark on the right of your Asset Tag space to track each asset).
Clicking on "Transmit scans" means that you have completed your "Asset Take On", Tracked all of your Assets and are now ready to export the results of your tracking as a text file that can be manipulated to generate useful reports.
When transmitting scans you:
1) Enter the start and end date of your Asset Tracking;
2) Adding a comment is optional if you have reminders etc. you need to add;
3) Click on "Export E-